Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 24 July 2016

24/Jul/16 getting my strawberries

24/Jul/16 getting my strawberries





Good morning Cape Breton,

Maximus Handsomius reporting in from my Forever Home.

In these pictures, you can see that I am enjoying my strawberries.  They are being fed to me by hand.  I have such refined taste.

If you click on the pictures (above) in my blog, it will expand so that you can get a better view.

The Big Guy took me to Country Co-op to get a new bag of dog food.  It is called Royal Canin Giant Puppy food.  This company is in Guelph Ontario.  It's nice to get Canadian Food.  The Big Guy was wondering, why can't he purchase Canadian Gasoline for his car?  Apparently we send all our gasoline to the United States.  Why don't we use our own gasoline and sell them the excess.  Wouldn't that make our gasoline prices go down?  Well he doesn't work for "Big Oil", so I guess we will never know.  Anyways, to see the web site of the food I get to eat.  Click "here" to see the website.

But while the Big Guy was at the store, of course he has to manipulate a 30 pound bag of food.  A very nice lady there, took my leash and was patting me while he paid for my food.  Then she took me out to the car.  That was really nice of her.

The Big Guy sprayed the kitchen mat with that don't chew product again.  It makes it taste like lemons.  Not good lemons either.  I will still mouth it, but then go to my water dish to get the taste out of my mouth.

When he got home, he walked me around the block.  Kinda boring walk too.  He didn't waste no time.  Just voom, around the block and in the house.  Well, I guess I should clarify.  He doesn't really "voom".  His arthritis doesn't let him voom any longer.  But it was a no nonsense walk.  He was always mumbling, "come" and tugging on my leash.  After he was home, he got out the lawn mower and took care of the grass.  Now the grass is nice and short.  But he didn't have it in him to go whipper snippering  and clean up the parts that need to be done around the perimeter and such.  More or less a "I've cut the grass and I am done" kinda job.

Talking of whipper snippering.  The Big Guy needs to know, is there anyone out there with a guitar that has a broken string?   Specifically an E. A. or D string.  He heard, and now your likely going to want to do this yourself, that if you hook up a guitar string on your whipper snipper, you will never have to purchase another replacement spool.  One guy he heard of, has been using the same guitar string for 4 years now.  But to watch out, it is dangerous and will damage stuff.  After all, it is spinning really fast.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to pick up Tonya from work.  I seen a new guy. Eric Davis.  He was really nice.  The Big Guy put the window all the way down on the car and then Erin came out of work.  I was so excited to see her, I jumped right out the window.  If it wouldn't have been for Eric, I would have landed right on my head.  As it was, he caught me part way down.  The Big Guy knows to keep the windows up on the car now.

After they got home, they took off and left me alone.  I guess they went to a movie called "Star Trek Beyond".  The Big Guy really enjoyed the movie.  I hear that Tonya liked it too.  But when they got home it was raining.  There was lightening, but I didn't hear any thunder.  The Big Guy would like there to be several lightening storms.  It creates nitrogen (not sure which old wives tale he's been reading) which makes the grass grow.  But I was sleeping upstairs when they got home.  They brought home buttered popcorn, but do you think they would give me any?  No.  I can smell that stuff you know.

Bye bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment