Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 23 May 2017

23/May/17 another 5 minutes, then I will get up


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Yesterday we only went for a short walk.  2 blocks.  The Big Guy's knee still hasn't fully recovered from Saturday.  He replaced the faucet cartridge that is in the shower upstairs.  It is a single handle shower faucet and he needed to take the old faucet apart.

You should have seen him.  He would bring up some tools and then go get more.  Then you would hear him moving around.  Then he would go to the basement, more tools again.  Upstairs.  Out to the garage, more tools, back upstairs.

He eventually cut off the shower handle with a hack saw.  The allen key stripped to inside of the bolt head.  He watched a YouTube video on how to remove a bolt that the allen key got stripped.   One of the guys said to use a hack saw.  The Big Guy thought this was the BEST advice as he was about to replace EVERYTHING anyways. Once the handle came off, then he could remove the cartridge.  Since this was installed by a contractor about 10 years ago, he didn't know the brand name.  He was gone for about 3 hours.  He finally came back and started putting parts back in place.  That seemed to go very well.  Since the shower works again, I would say that he was successful in replacing the parts.  I don't get a shower that often.  That is unless I've been playing in the mud.

Do you know what they use to wash my white fur with?  Dove dish soap.  But only the blue stuff.  Not sure why they can use the other colors.  But the rest of my fur is washed with regular doggie shampoo.

Then I get to shake the water off me.

It's kinda funny as I will stand still in the shower.  They want me to shake while I am in the shower.  But the last time, when they told me to shake, I thought they went to get out and THEN shake.  I had water on the ceiling of the bathroom.

So, before I can go for another long walk, which is about 12 blocks, the Big Guy's knee has to get better.

The Big Guy said, his goal is to eventually walk me all around North Sydney.  That is way too many blocks for me to count.

Bye bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment