Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday 7 March 2018

7/Mar/18 did you want to share this chew bone


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

So we are expecting a storm the next few days.  But this is going to be one of those storms that is going to be nasty.  As it is mixed precipitation.  Which means wet and heavy snow.

But the Big Guy got a can of gas in the garage for his snow blower.  So he is sorta ready.  Not that he wants to be, but he is ready.

I wonder if this will be the last snow storm of this Winter?  We have had snow storms and pretty nasty ones in early April.  But the Big Guy is hoping this will be the last one for THIS year.  Let next year take care of itself.

So those new mouse traps didn't get any mice last night.  They must be hiding.  They couldn't have figured out the new traps just yet.  These new ones have an elastic band that traps them around their little neck.  The manufacturer says it's a quick kill.  All's I know, I can't get my paw or my tongue to set off the trap.  But I could chew on the trap to make it useless. 

Oh wouldn't that make the Big Guy pissed off.  These traps cost $11.99 each at Home Hardware.

If you are interested to see how this new mouse traps works, look at this video.  WARNING: this video actually shows the mice being caught.  So if your squeamish, give it a miss.


Pretty cool how it works, eh?

Last night, during our walk, Tonya borrowed a pair of the Big Guy's work gloves.  Well she didn't expect that they were for gardening work and not something that she would be able to wear out in the cold, wind.  Her hands were FROZEN when they got home.  The Big Guy wears these gloves when he is walking me in the Summer months.  They have no real insulation value at all.  They are just to protect his hands from the chain leash when he is walking me.  Otherwise the chain kinda rips up his hands.  I can pull really hard on my collar.  So he wears gloves to protect his hands when he is walking me.

OK, so now that were done talking about the mice.  Lets talk about the Word of the Day:

Struthious (adjective)
[stroo-thee-uh s]

My sentence:  If your captor is trying to get you to tell the truth using apple strudels, he is employing the struthious torture method.

Definition:  Having to do with or resembling an ostrich.

Sentence:  He had a long, struthious neck.

Today's Video of the Day is:  11 Week Old Luigi - Bernese Mountain Dog


No mice were harmed in this video.

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment