Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday 17 March 2018

17/Mar/18 St. Patrick's Day


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Well I'm not green.  Nor will I ever be.  I'm Swiss, not Irish.

Wait...  that might not be true.  During the summer months, I could roll around in the grass and my White fur might get stained green from the grass.  But since the grass really isn't growing right now, I don't think that's going to be an issue.

The Big Guy is cooking up some Montreal Smoked Meat Bacon for breakfast.  It smells so good.  He doesn't give me any though.  He says it's bad for me.  

Really?  I'm willing to try and see just how bad it is.

The Big Guy was looking forward to having burgers on his new grill yesterday.  Well that didn't pan out as well as he would have liked.  They didn't have any burgers in the house. (Oops)  So they had steak instead.

The Big Guy got two new games for his XBox with his birthday money.  He plays these games for hours.  Wouldn't he have more fun with a bone that he could chew on?  Now that is fun to me.

Yesterday, during our walk, the Big Guy went into someone's back yard to have a look at their deck.  They have a roof on their deck.  He wanted to see how it was built.  He knows that the Awning for his BBQ has seen better days.  So he wants to build something out of wood.  But not with an asphalt roof, one with that fiberglass stuff that is wavy.  He thinks it will look good once it's all done.

Then there is also be bigger awning that it at the other end of the deck.  He would like to kinda enclose that area.  Make it so that they could sit out during rain storms and not get wet.  He's got plans.  No money, but he's got plans.

On to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:  Eggcorn (noun)
[eg-kawrn]

My sentence:  Corn that is short and dumpy looking is known as eggcorn.

Definition:  A word or phrase that is seemingly logical alteration of another word or phrase that sound similar.

Sentence:  He loved slipping eggcorns into their conversation to see if she was paying attention.

Today's Video of the day:  Grooming Bernese Mountain dogs the clean up after!!!!!!


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment