Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 19 March 2018

19/Mar/18 tired from our LONG walk


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Yesterday we walked all the say to The Boy's House and back again.  I haven't been on a long walk like that in, well, several months.  I got to sniff a lot of stuff.  The sidewalks are getting clear of the ice and snow.  So that makes it easier for Tonya and the Big Guy.

The weather guy is calling for some freezing rain this Thursday.  That stuff can be nasty.  That means I may not to go for a walk.  Yesterday, when we were out for our walk, there was a wee bit of hail.  I had to squint so that the hail wouldn't hurt my eyes.  We were walking into the wind while we were walking towards The Boys house.  But we had our tails to the wind for the walk home.

Yesterday the Big Guy made a turkey in the morning.  It was all cooked by 9:00 am.  Then he boiled the bones and made is gravy.  Later on, Floyd, Mylynne and Colby came for supper.  Floyd had commented on how good the gravy was.  Little does he know, but there was two big onions in the gravy.  The Big Guy strained the liquid once the bones were done.  

Floyd really doesn't like onions at all.  Now, for myself, I can't have onions at all.  Although Tonya did give me some gravy.  Only cause it was on the vegetables that she put in my food bowl.  I didn't get to have any turkey.  Nope, just mostly kibble and water for the old dog.

The Big Guy was throwing stuff out to the birds yesterday.  Not like I wouldn't have eaten it.  Stuff like the skin from the turkey.  Although he boiled it first for his gravy.  But in the past, he would have eaten it and shared some of it with me.  The cooked turkey skin is so good!  But he is on this crazy diet where he is trying to watch out for what he eats.

The Big Guy hasn't caught any mice in the last week or so.  I wonder if he got them all?  They have relocated the traps.  I wonder if they should clean out the peanut butter that is in the traps and put something else.  Like bird seed in the traps.  That might get their attention.  But only if they are around.

Today's Word of the Day is:  Hangry (adjective)
[hang-gree]

My sentence:  When your hungover and hungry at the same time, you are hangry.

Definition:  Irritable as a result of hunger.

Sentence:  He skipped breakfast and realized sometimes around noon that his moodiness and irritability were related to his hunger. He was, in essence, hangry.

Today's Video of the Day is:  Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Cries when you stop petting him


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment