Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 1 August 2016

1/Aug/16 the Bras d'Or Lakes

1/Aug/16 the Bras d'Or Lakes




Good morning Cape Breton,

Maximus Handsomius reporting in from my Forever Home.

So as you can see, I am in the Bras d'Or lake.  This time, not only do I have pictures to prove it, I also have video.



The Bras d'Or Lakes is where Canada has it's first powered flight.  That was near Baddeck.  The plane was called "The Silver Dart".

Canada named it's first military hydrofoil after the lakes it was tested on: HMCS Bras d'Or.  It sailed out of Halifax in the morning, radioed CFS Bermuda to put on lunch for them.  They were home for supper.  When the Big Guy was in Sea Cadets, they used to march past this ship.  That was at CFB Shearwater.

But I don't know about all that stuff.  I only know, there is where I took my first swim.  Not exactly what you would call "graceful".  I will have to work on that water ballet stuff later on.

Afterwards, they took me home and I had to endure the hose.  But they wanted to get the salt water out of my fur.  I am glad that they didn't spray me in the face.  Then it took several hours for me to dry off.

But the Big Guy and Tonya heard me snore for the first time.  I was laying on the deck and I was pretty tired.  I was wet and just laying in the sun.  They woke me up cause of their laughing.

I was shedding my hair so much, the Big Guy thought that the carpets going upstairs were black.  Now that they are vacuumed, I will have to shed on them again.  Tonya went around the house yesterday looking for all my loose hair.  Just wait, I will shed around the house too.  She said that she would be able to make another dog.  Humans are so dumb.  That isn't how puppies are made.

Bye bye fore now

No comments:

Post a Comment