Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 2 April 2018

2/Apr/18 walks can tire you out


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

I know that the Big Guy is there with that friggin camera. 

FLASH!

Yup, I was right, he took another unflattering picture of me.  His thumb was in the way of the flash, that's why it looks like my legs have been cut off in the picture.


Yesterday was Easter Sunday.  Tonya invited over a bunch of people.  Terry, Craig, Elaine and Floyd dropped by.  They had turkey, ham and the usual potatoes, vegetables and gravy.  They were all quite full when they left.

Me, well, I got some turkey.  No ham.  I did get the potatoes that was left over.  They also threw in some vegetables.  There is some left overs, but I will not be getting any of that.  They will be keeping that for their lunches at work.

But talking of work, the Big Guy is no longer working for the company called Abila.  He's going to be working for a bunch of smaller companies.  His shift has moved.  So he will be working later than he normally did.  Which is OK by me.  But I normally slept in the mornings after Tonya and the Big Guy went to work.  So for me, there will be little different.  The same amount of sleeping, but less being disturbed as the Big Guy can be sort of quiet when he's home alone.

Although I did hear that he plans to be doing a lot more reading and posting those type videos.

But today, I heard that the Big Guy will be fixing up some wine for when Laura (his niece) comes by.  She wants to visit the Cape Breton Highlands and see Fort Louisboug this weekend.  So far, the forecast is showing rain.  But that can change.

OK, so on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:  Warmist (noun)

My sentence:  When your playing hide and seek, sometimes you will be given hints, like your cold, or colder.  Then you will be told your getting hot, and hotter.  But your warmist just before you find the person.


Definition:  Someone who accepts global warming as a reality (by those who reject the concept).

Sentence:  Environmentalists are all warmists.

Today's Video of the Day:  Max our Bernese Mountain Dog and the Bluenose II August 2016


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment