Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday 2 August 2017

2/Aug/17 do dogs get 24 hour flu


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

I'm feeling 100% better again!  My fur is all clean again.  Yesterday I had phlegm, barf and poo on my fur.  The Big Guy took me up to the shower and cleaned me off.  I wasn't too motivated to get into the shower, but he was pretty determined and picked me up under my chest and walked me into the tub.  



I think what I hate the most about taking a shower is that the tub is so darn slippery.  I fell a couple times and the Big Guy would just talk to me in his gentle voice.  So I wasn't scared.

I can remember going on a walk one day and there was some ladies that also own a Bernese Mountain Dog named "Max".  One of the ladies asked how they kept my white fur so white.  I'm sure it's the good kibble that they feed me, but also, when I was in the shower, the Big Guy used Blue Dawn Dish washing soap on my white fur.  He used the regular dog shampoo on my black and brown fur.

But on last night's walk, I did two poos.  Tonya was so happy that I was pooping regular poops again.  The Big Guy finds it kinda funny that I always try to face East when I'm pooping.  I know I've faced other directions too.  But they are good enough to stand guard while I'm pooping.  I try to stand guard for them when I see them pooping.  But they don't seem to appreciate it too much when I'm in the bathroom with them when they are pooping.  Humans are a funny lot.

I got stopped twice on my walk last night by younger children.  Children = Small Humans.  They grab at my fur.  But that's OK, they don't hurt when they do that.  Their hands are so small.  When I lick them, they try to move away, but I'm pretty determined to clean their faces.  Some times they got sugar or other stuff on their face.  Yummy!

One parent that stopped me thought that I was a St Bernard.  They are mostly white with brown and black patches.  I'm mostly black with definition and character lines.  Someone else thought I was a Newfoundland dog.  Nope, they are bigger than me and are all black/brown fur.





The Big Guy did my July video collection.  I hope you enjoyed it.

Oh and before I sign off...  my non-furry Memere is feeling 100% better as well.  Turns out he had a reaction to one of the pills that the Doctor prescribed her.  She is home again and called the Big Guy last night to let him know about her adventure.

Bye bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment