Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday 5 March 2021

5/Mar/21 oh yea, scratch my belly


 

Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Yesterday I got to go for a little walk by myself.

Tonya put me on my lead, outside and the lead wasn't clipped all that well to my collar.

So I got to investigate stuff that I am normally not able to reach.

There is a spot in the back yard, where a tree stump used to be.

The Big Guy took to placing his used charcoal on the tree stump and eventually it just burnt away.  However, after it was done burning, there is this huge hole that was left.

They have filled it with debris and other stuff to fill it in.  It still it's all the way filled.  They are trying to use kitchen waste as compost to fill it up.

Sometimes the birds and other animals will come by and eat the waste.  We are talking potatoe skins and onions skins and carrot skins.  Stuff that makes pretty good compost, but not so good to feed animals.  In the winter, it takes a lot longer for the stuff to compost.

It also has something else going for it.

It smells WONDERFUL.

Tonya had dumped the garbage to the curb and got the mail.

When she came back inside, she thought she had better check on me.

She only see the empty lead.

I was gone.

She went out the front door and there I was, sniffing at the green bin.  She called me and I ran over.

She said that had I left the yard, she would have been very upset.

Geesh, I was only sniffing stuff that I can't normally reach.

Your Blast From the Past



Your Daily Video - 

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog trying out the big chair




Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment