Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 13 August 2018

13/Aug/18 I'm allowed back on the deck again


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Yesterday morning, the Big Guy was at it again.  Using his tools to rip up the deck boards and then replacing them.

At one point, Tonya wanted to see what the Big Guy was up to.  Actually he was taking a small break and sitting in a chair in the shade.  I squirted right past Tonya and went out on the deck to investigate what he was up to.

There was several boards missing.  I got to sniff around and see what he was doing.

Of course, I did step out where there was no board and fell into the hole.  (Dumb)

I extracted myself and stayed away from the missing boards after that.  But the Big Guy soon filled in the holes with new boards and screwed them in place.

Yesterday afternoon, Tonya caught me trying to test the boards to see if they were actually screwed in correctly.  I tried to dig my nails into the board to see if I couldn't lift it.

I can tell you know...  I didn't meet with success.  The Big Guy properly screwed the new boards in place.

Now, I can tell you this, if it would have been about 10 years ago, the Big Guy would have nailed the replacement boards in place.  But now, they only use screws when doing decks.

Why screws?  Well, if you have to replace the boards, it's so much easier just unscrewing the boards and replacing them.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video (Click on the picture to see the video)


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment