Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 7 January 2018

7/Jan/18 can we go for another walk


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Some of you may know this already, but some, well, you may not live in a place where there is ice on the road or sidewalks.

BUT, ice is slippery for humans.  Well, for me too, but it's not as bad as it is for humans.  I'm already close to the ground.  When I slip, I just use my huge paws to steady myself.  For Tonya and the Big Guy, they have to "walk like a penguin".  They take tiny steps with their arms out to the sides.  Because their center of gravity is way off the ground, they could get hurt when they slip and fall. 

Now, they went and purchased themselves these Yaktrax Ice Cleats.

If you click on the picture, it will go full screen.



Can you see the little spikes?  Well those little spikes pierce the ice surface and makes it so that they don't slip and slide.  Do you see the springs in the top picture?  Well that's like having chains like they put on tires.

The Big Guy was wondering if these cleats would slip off his sneakers.  But he was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. 

The Big Guy looked them up and he found that these cleats are made for running.  So I guess you get what you pay for.


All the Christmas decorations are down.  Now I can see out the front window without getting up on the couch first.  Previously there was these candle items in the window.  I burnt my tongue on the light bulb.  It was HOT.  I did not enjoy that.  But I never licked the light again.

So it's cold out again.  The temperature certainly has fluctuated quite a bit.  One day, it's raining and it's +7, the next, it's -22 and everything is frozen solid.  I've been watching the news with the Big Guy and they were talking about homeless people.  I know that I am very grateful that I've got my forever home.

OK, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Deglutition (Noun)
[dee-gloo-tish-un n]

Definition: The action or process of swallowing

Sentence:  The dog was having light difficulty with deglutition, especially water and kibble.

My sentence:  when your on a diet, you are now deglutition your food.

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment