Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 18 January 2018

18/Jan/18 yes I can snore with my eyes open


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

So the Vet has given Tonya and the Big Guy this prescription for pills that calms me down.  Well I get so calm, that when I am inside the house, I feel like sleeping and I am snoring, but my eyes are open.  So I can see and hear Tonya and the Big Guy moving around, but I am so sleepy, that I just don't care what the hell they are up to.

Last night, the Big Guy took a video of me on the back deck.  He thought it was funny to see me sliding around on my IV Bag Booties.  But this time, because there was a lot less snow on the deck, I wasn't sliding around all over the place.  Which to him, was really funny.




I went to see the Vet again yesterday.  She said that my "bad" paw was healing nicely.  Or as nicely as could be expected.  But now my "good" paw is showing signs of opening up and being infected.  So now I got honey bandages on both paws.

It snowed again last night.  Right now, it's still -1, but the temp is supposed to go to +1.  When it gets to that temperature, the snow starts melting.  That means that the Big Guy has a harder time with his snow blower.  That doesn't put him in a good mood.  He would like to go outside RIGHT now.  But RIGHT now is way too early for most people.  I am pretty sure they would start throwing snow balls at him.

The snow is coming off the roof of the house in great big thunderous thumps.  They have a steel roof on the house, and when it snows a lot, the snow eventually just slides off the roof.  Except for the back of the house as they have snow rails to keep the snow in place.  This allows the snow to melt.  Melting snow is "hard" on the Big Guy's snow blower.

Tonya was telling me that there is some big boss guy from work that is coming here from Texas.  But yesterday, he was stuck in Toronto.  Not sure that he is going to make it to Cape Breton with all the snow that we have.  Planes don't fly so well when they have ice and snow built up on their wings.

Well, enough of that, it's time for the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Bodkin (noun)
[bod-kin]

Definition:  a small, pointed instrument for making holes in cloth, leather, etc

Sentence:  After losing weight he used his bodkin to add a new hole in his belt.

My sentence:  With her Dolly Parton figure, her bodkin gets her free drinks at the country bar.

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment