Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 30 January 2018

30/Jan/18 this little piggy is MINE


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

We are supposed to get a big snow storm today.  I guess the total amount has changed.   We were supposed to get almost 30 cm of snow.  Well, now it's changed to 10 to 15 cm of snow.  That isn't too much.  It's mostly annoying.

I was hoping that the Big Guy and Tonya would be staying home from work, but I guess not.  I suspect they will be going to work today.

Although the weather guy is calling for Ice Pellets.  That isn't the wet and heavy snow that the Big Guy hates so much.

I went to see the Vet yesterday.  She said that my paws are doing really well.  That there is only a wee bit of area that is causing concern for her.  

The Big Guy was also asking her about the second surgery that she was talking about.  He asked if it was absolutely necessary, or was it just cosmetic.  She admitted, it was really isn't necessary.  That I will have two scars on my legs, even if I have the second surgery.  But so far, the second surgery is "on hold".  But I have to see a second Vet on Thursday.  She will determine if I really need that second surgery or not.

So, having said that, starting tomorrow night, I will not be allowed to eat anything.  So after the Vet visit, if I'm not having surgery, I will be pretty hungry.  I will get to come home and have some food.

The Vet also said, I will only need to get my dressing changed, twice a week, vice three times a week.  Each visit to the Vet it costing $23.00.  That's a lot of money, considering they have already paid a lot for the initial surgery.  Not like humans where they have Nova Scotia Health take care of their medical expenses.  Mine have to be paid for, and they are not something that you can claim on your taxes.

Well, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:  

Deterge (verb)
[dih-turj]

Definition:  To cleanse something thoroughly.

Sentence:  After the Super Bowl party, the would need to deterge the house.

My sentence:  since I'm not supposed to lick my dressings, my humans will put the cone on my head to deterge me from doing that.

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment