Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday 24 January 2018

24/Jan/18 I'm receiving signals from the Mars rover


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

How much longer do I have to wear this cone?  Tonya takes it off and the Big Guy puts it back on as soon as he catches me licking at my dressing on my paws.

This morning, I only wanted to be next to the Big Guy, but he kept moving my head away from his computer.  Last week, I managed to catch his keyboard with my cone and I flipped his keyboard and mouse right off his computer deck.  

He wasn't angry with me.  He took the time to fix his computer deck up.  But now he tries to keep me away from his keyboard ALL the time.

So it's raining outside.  Not just a gentle rain either.  There was some snow and freezing rain that fell yesterday.  Well all that is GONE.  Now there is a lot of patches where you can see the grass sticking up.  All the sidewalks would be bare once again.  BUT, even though the sidewalks are clean, I still am not allowed to go for walks.  My paws have to heal first.

Right now, it's +7 out.  By tonight, the temp is supposed to fall to what is going to feel like -16.  With the ground still frozen, the rain is not seeping into the ground.  So all the rain is making huge puddles.  This is going to be dangerous for those people that are out driving.  They could loose control of their cars.  I know that the Big Guy is a pretty good driver, but even he has his limits.

The Big Guy is pretty happy with the rain though.  He doesn't have to shovel it.  He says that often and a lot.  You would think that he's a farmer or something.  Always liking the rain.

Well, enough about that.  It's time for the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Persiflage (noun)
[pur-shu-flahzh, pair-]

Definition:  Light, bantering talk or writing

Sentence:  The cocktail party was filled with lively persiflage.

My sentence:  When they raised the flag in the capital city of France, is that a persiflage?

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment