Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 9 November 2017

9/Nov/17 who's that knocking on the door


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Every so often, some one will come to the door and will ring the door bell.

That's my call to action!

It's now time to run from one window to the other.  As fast as possible.  Dig your nails into the hard wood floor if possible.

Bark like crazy.


When either one of my humans goes to the door, try to squeeze past them to check out who ever is at the door.

Bark really loudly to let the visitor know, there is a HUGE doggie living there.

It's the human's job to yell at me to "Calm down".  Or the other useless command "Stop barking".  Yea, neither of them works after the door bell goes off.

Because this house has an alarm attached to the doors, when ever a door is opened that breaches the perimeter,  a chime will sound from the house alarm.  

This is my "other" call to action.  Only no barking is required.  Adding a high pitched whine is very acceptable.

BUT...

The immediate action drill is to run to the door to see why it was opened.  If you picked the wrong door.  (GASP)  Now I must run to the other door in the house.  Having said that, sometimes it's one of them going to the basement or worst case scenario, they have opened the basement walk out.  Which means I can hear the alarm chime, but I can't see which door has been opened.  

So now it's time to run from door to door, window to window, get your fur up on your back, tail up high (add the acceptable whine) and check the perimeter of the building, from inside the house.

This is a day/night job.  24/7.  365 days a year.  No time off.  No holidays.  Doesn't matter if I am sleeping or just lounging.  I HAVE to be ready for instant action.

This is how I protect my forever home.

Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment