Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2020

12/May/20 Fee Fii Foo Fum, I hear you walking around


Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

I've been told that this old house I live in, has "nightingale floors".

What does that mean?

The floors creek when you walk around the house.  Your really not going to sneak up on me.

If you look at the picture, you can see the flash caught the retina off my eyes.  That would be the "red eye" you get in some pictures.

Even people get that eye shine in their photos.  

But more animals than humans.  

Their eyes (humans) have less tapetum lucidum than most animals.  So they don't tend to show red eye as much as animals.  Pro tip, if you click on that word that's underlined, it will take you to a Wikipedia page about it.

But you can really see that eye shine when you are watching those movies where the camera has the infrared light.  Just like baby monitors.  You can tell when baby is awake by the eye shine as the baby is looking at the camera.

If you ask me, it looks creepy as hell when you see a human with eye shine like that.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog and his snow bank


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment