Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 1 December 2019

1/Dec/19 do I need to remind you to stay off the naughty list


Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Did you see the story the Big Guy put on Facebook yesterday?  Well, just in case you didn't...  here is is again:

CANDY IS DANGEROUS!

So we are at work. There is one person that is going around with Quality Street Candy, giving it away.

It's the festive season and HR was giving out treats. So I'm on a live call and I take my one piece of candy. I nod my "thanks". The lady says to take another. (DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!)

I seen the green triangle and I know it's all milk chocolate. I root though and grab it. SUCCESS! Then I dropped the candy. I tried to trap it between my leg and the filing cabinet. Missed and it dropped to the floor.

Crap!

As I reach down... the chair I'm sitting on, slides out from under my arse.

For those of you that know me, my ballerina days are well behind me, in the past, the FAR DISTANT PAST. Without anything to support me, I'm falling backwards.

Now, as an adult, you don't really fall gracefully. My arms didn't even get to start the pinwheel.

My pride and my ass, both hit the production floor at about the same time.

The person delivering the candy, didn't see me fall. Since I fell silently onto the carpeted covered concrete, you didn't even hear a "thud" as my body was completing the touchdown.

I'm now staring at the ceiling.

SHIT! FAT MAN DOWN!  I say again, FAT MAN DOWN!

I'm on a live call. Where is my headset?

Now, we got cameras at work. The only thing the camera would have seen, is the lady delivering the candy, she pauses at my desk, she walks away, my head dips below the cubical wall... wait a moment, and a hand comes up and grabs the cubical wall, then you see me getting up and adjusting my head set. I told the person on the phone, my headset fell off my head and I had to retrieve it.

Now, Tonya sits behind me at work. She was on her own call. She was trying her very best NOT to laugh while she was on her own call.

The moral of the story: When you are offered Festive Treats, ONLY TAKE ONE!

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog enjoys the love seat with Uncle Terry


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment