Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 15 April 2019

15/Apr/19 keeping my master's chair warm


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

I know, in about 20 minutes, the Big Guy is going to be coming out to the living room, with his breakfast and he is going to get me to move.

I will reluctantly move.  Then I will stretch my paws and arch my back.  I will groan a little bit during this process.

I will go outside, in the rain.  I will do my business and want back inside again.

The Big Guy will promptly ignore me once again.

That is unless I start making that pre-barfing noise.  That will get him to move rather quickly.

I was looking on the weather network and I see that were in for some thunder and lightening today.  That and quite a bit of rain.

The Big Guy was telling me a story.  When they first moved to North Sydney, which would have been the Winter of 2006.  The summer of 2007, he never seen so many thunder and lightening storms.  Even when they lived in the Prairies, they didn't get as many storm.  As a matter of fact, they had so many thunder and lightening storms, the Big Guy was mowing the lawn about every 3 days that year.

During one storm, the lightening hit a power pole, rather close to his house.  It flashed every light in the house.  Of course there was an immediate BOOM from the lightening.  They lost power for several hours.

It has never been repeated.  The Big Guy loves thunder and lightening storms.  Especially with the metal roof.  It really makes the rain noise so much louder.  But not so loud that you can't sleep when it's raining on the roof.

So we will wait and see just how much thunder and lightening we get today.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog learns to "stay"


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment