Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 20 September 2018

20/Sep/18 guarding the door so no one gets in


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

The Big Guy and Tonya says that I lay at the back door because the floor is cold and I can sleep better.  Really, it's so that no one can get into the house without me knowing.

It's my job to guard my family.

You bet I let the other dogs know that I'm on duty when I see them walking past my yard.  I bark as loud as I can to let them know that I'm here.

That is the same for when I'm in the car.

Last night, as we are driving to go get Tonya from work, there was a cat that decided to cross the road.  I had to let the cat know that I wanted to say Hello.  I only barked a bit.  But it was dark outside, then there was the rain, and I lost sight of the cat pretty quickly.

Tonya told the Big Guy to turn the furnace on this morning, to take the chill out of the air.  Well the furnace came on...  but then didn't stay on.  So it could be the thermostat.  Or it could also be a much bigger problem.  He definitely hopes it isn't a bigger problem.  Then again, thermostats are not exactly free either.  But the Big Guy can replace a thermostat without too much problem.  A new furnace...  well that's another problem.

I seen that the Big Guy put some steaks out for their supper.  I wonder just how much bugging I'm going to have to do to get Tonya to give up some of her steak.  I know that the Big Guy will normally cook their steak with mushrooms and onions.  Onions are really not that good for me.  But a significant amount of drool will normally convince her to give me some of her steak.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog having watermellon



Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment