Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 11 September 2018

11/Sep/18 where are my dog days of summer


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Well in a few months from now, there is going to be snow on this deck.

But last year, I had to contend with my operated paws, as I had my dew claws removed, so that meant no walking for me.  Well, this year, my paws are just fine.  So guess who's going to be going for walks in the snow.

Yup, me and the Big Guy.  He says that his Dog Walking Jacket is ready.  But he may need to get a new pair of gloves.  Oh well, one thing at a time.

He got his ice cleats from last year.  So there is no excuse.  Well, you could say that there might me and that's if he has a sore knee.  Then it's only a short walk.  But otherwise, he has to get back in shape to be able to walk me again.

Tonya was talking about getting the Big Guy a new pair of walking sneakers.  He has this pair of sneakers that are at the front door.  They are pretty sad looking.  He has walked right through the insoles.  He always buys cheap sneakers and it shows.  Tonya bought the Big Guy a nice pair of walking shoes last year and they are still in reasonably good shape.  But the soles are kinda flat, so once the weather starts to get cold enough for ice, well, he will have to watch out when walking me.

The Big Guy has been taking me for walks by myself.  Tonya tends to work a later shift, so the Big Guy is more than happy to walk me in the very early morning.  That means a lot less other dogs for me to interact with.  But it also means that I can concentrate on sniffing stuff, vice paying attention to other dogs and other distractions.

The Big Guy is off on Thursday with me.  He says that he has to stabilize his wine on Thursday.  So that means that I get a few hours to run around the basement and sniff stuff.  I can hardly wait!

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog playing with the Big Guy



Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment