Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 26 July 2018

26/Jul/18 I spent the night outside


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

As you can see by the title, I decided that I would spend the night outside.  I'm sure that if Tonya had a blow up bed, and a screened in room, she would have also spent the night outside with me.  It is quite warm inside the house.

Tonya tried several times to get me to come inside.

No way.

It was so much cooler outside.

So when the Big Guy got up this morning, she told him that I was outside.  If you look at the picture, I'm on the other side of the pool.

It's 22 C outside right now.  Inside the house, it's 28 C.  But it's the humidity that's stifling.

The Big Guy opened up the front door to allow a cross breeze.

I've decided to come inside so that the Big Guy isn't worried about me.  I'm laying where I can keep an eye on the front door.  Yes, he has the screen door locked, but it's a screen door.  Someone may decide that they want to come in and I have to protect the house.

So yesterday, the Big Guy didn't make a Burnt End Roast.  Nope...  He made 2 Burnt End Roasts.


So you start by spicing up the meat
Then you get the charcoal chimney to start the charcoal


These things are used to put the wood pellets from his smoker into the charcoal grill
They stop the pellets from catching fire, but it does allow them to smoke


So the meat is on one side and the charcoal on the other


After an hour, you have to wrap it in tin foil


So, now that it's wrapped in tin foil
Back for another hour
You can see the Big Guy added more charcoal


You MUST keep hydrated during this process


Then you cut up the roast(s) into bite size pieces


Mix it with BBQ sauce and brown sugar
Back into the charcoal grill for a final hour


This is the end result


Here is a video that the Big Guy did the first time he did this
Click on the picture to see the video


Of course, you just can't imagine the smells that comes off this.

Because there was no onions in it, Tonya gave me a few pieces.  Of course I gobbled them up.

Later on, the Big Guy's ankles were all swollen up.  Not sure if it was from the heat, the beer or the salt that was in the spices to make his roast.  Either way, he needed to put his feet up.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video (Click on the picture to see the video)


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment