Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 24 July 2018

24/Jul/18 I'm officially warm


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

So were not used to this kind of temperature in Cape Breton.  I know that the temp is going to break soon, but not soon enough for me.  I can't even go for a walk in this type of heat.  Right now, it's 6 in the morning, it's already 22 with a humidex of 30.

I know, I know, this is a cool summer day if I lived in Texas.  But guess what...  I don't live in Texas.  I live in Cape Breton..  When the temp goes above +24, people start to complain about the heat and the humidity.

Although I'm sure the plants must be loving the sun and the humidy.  Everything is covered in dew.  As I'm looking over at the Big Guy, he's pretty much covered in sweat.  Like Tonya would say, "Not a good sweat, either".

There is a thermometer next to the computer.  Right now, it's displaying +27 in the house.  I know that the Big Guy would say, it's much better than displaying +17 in the house.  He doesn't much like the cold at all.

Tonya wanted me to sleep upstairs in the Master Bedroom last night.  I lasted about 2 minutes.  She said, with all the fans going, I would have been cooler.  Instead, I kept moving from kitchen tile to kitchen tile.  As I would move, each tile would cool off my belly.  Once I warmed up that tile, I would move to the next spot.

There is a big ceiling fan in the dining room and it finally stopped working.  Not cause it failed, but because the remote stopped working.  So the Big Guy is going to have to see about getting a new remote for the fan.  I wonder if it's going to be expensive?

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video (Click on the picture to see the video)


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment