Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 1 February 2018

1/Feb/18 Hello. Is it me your looking for


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.



The Big Guy has said that he will be doing some format changes to my blog.  Not thing serious.  He hopes that you will enjoy them.

Today, I'm off to the Vet once again.  They are going to determine if I'm going to get another surgery.  The Big Guy has said, if it's just cosmetic, he's going to take a pass.  So we will see what they say today.

Were going to be having a little bit more snow today.  Then it's followed up by rain.  Then a lot more rain tomorrow.  With the snow having that crust that's on it, the rain will not be able to soak into the snow.  So that means it will be making huge puddles everywhere.

BUT since the Vet isn't allowing me to go for walks, I can't enjoy the weather all that much.  I bet she loves confining me to the house.

The Big Guy was reading this web site called "Quora".  Someone wants to own a dog like me, but somewhere where it's hot.  So, people have told this person, shave their dog so that they can stay cooler.  Oh my, that's wrong.  A breed like me is meant for cold weather.  We don't get shaved.  We might get a trim, but not shaved.  

Hmmm...  I guess that's a wee bit wrong too.  If we have an operation, we need to get shaved in that specific area.

I know in the Summer months, Tonya insists on having the kiddie pool on the deck.  When we get home after a long walk, I will stand in the pool.  But that's because I'm trying to cool off the pads of my paws.  We don't sweat like humans.  But we do sweat and keep our selves cool via the pads on our paws.  So standing in the pool, is like standing in front of the fridge with the door open in the summer.

OK, I asked and people have spoken.  They want me to continue with the Word of the Day.  But the Big Guy is going to be doing a little format change.  I always try to make a sentence before looking at the definition.  So I will be writing it like that.

Without further delay, onto the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Wiffler (noun) [hwif-ler, wif-]

My sentence:  They sell this product at pet stores.  It's like a stick with a cup on the end, that allows you to throw the ball kinda far for doggies to play fetch.  You use the wiffler to throw the ball.

Definition:  Someone who shifts opinions often.

Sentence:  During the campaign, many voters found him to be a whiffler.

Another change was to post my favorite animal video each day.  Today's video is:

Talking Dog -- Bernese Mountain Dog




Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment