Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday 13 February 2018

13/Feb/18 my paw is doing a lot better today


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

So today, I don't have to give a warning.  You can see a close up of my paw.  As you can see, there is no longer any dew claw.


No scar either.  If you click on the picture it will go full screen and you may be able to zoom in.  But there is nothing there to see.  The little furs that grows between the pads of my feet is a bit long.  But that will get worn off once we start walking again.  Same with the nails on my paws.  They have gone a month now, without being worn down by walking.

The Vet said that I should only have a few more weeks of dressing changes and then that will be all done.

Yesterday, the Big Guy brought me to the Vet.  There is this lady that works there.  Geesh, she's pretty.  She came up to the Big Guy and took the leash so that she could walk me out back.  As I was going to go with her, someone new came to the glass door to the Vet.  I wanted to meet the new dog.  

Now the pretty lady probably weighs about 115 pounds.  She is really tall.  Remember the blog from a few days ago, I said that I now weigh 112 pounds.

She may outweigh me, but she was no match for me.  I managed to get my front paws on the carpet and that was it.  GAME OVER!  Loosing battle for her.  My back paws slipped until they also managed to get to the carpet.  Then I drug the pretty Vet lady to the front door.

Yes, I had my choke collar on, but it wasn't my pinch collar.  If I would of had that on, the pretty Vet lady might of had a fighting chance.  That dumb collar has NO effect on me at all.  So being a draft dog, I splayed out my paws, put 'er of 4 paw drive and then pulled the pretty Vet lady to the door.  That's when the Vet Dr came and got my leash.  She controlled me a little better and I went to the back room.

Next time, pretty Vet lady, get the Big Guy to walk me out back.  Even when I put 'er in 4 paw drive, I am no match for the Big Guy's extra weight.  I may try to pull, but he seems to be always ready for this and I can't get any where when he has his two feet on the ground.  Now that he has those ice crampons, now I can't pull him over on the ice either.

After they brought me back to the front room of the Vet, I could smell the other dog.  That's when I could hear the other dog.  They had him sequestered in the side room.  We both vocalized at each other so that we would let each other know, that we knew the other one was there.

So, pretty Vet lady, if your reading today's blog.  I'm sorry that I pulled you to the door.  But it was really important for me to meet the other dog that was being brought into the Vet.  Next time, just get the Big Guy to bring me out back.  He doesn't mind helping.

OK, and now, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Varlet (noun)
[vahr-lit]

My sentence:  In day's of old, ladies would be a varlet if they would "sleep around".  Oh my...

Definition: An unprincipled rogue.

Sentence:  a first, Princess Leia found Han Solo to be a varlet.

Today's Video of the Day:  Bernese Mountain Dog gives Hugs when asked


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment