Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday 16 February 2018

16/Feb/18 my bandage got a pull tab


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

OK, so we went to the Vet yesterday.  Good news and some bad news.  

Bad news first.  I am still NOT allowed to go for walks.

Good news, my paw has finally healed and it is only a dry dressing that is on my paw.  The Vet said that she wanted it wrapped so that I wouldn't disturb the new tissues that is in the wound.  Also, if it were exposed and I were to rub or scratch it, I could possibly open up the wound.  So this last dressing is more of a precaution bandage than anything else.

So, with that in mind, Tuesday, when I get the bandages removed, I will be able to go for a walk once again.

I bet we will have to start off slow.  Only a few blocks at first.  It's been almost a month since the Big Guy took me for a walk.  Not that I'm going to have any problems.  It's him that I'm worried about.  He has a bad knee.  Although he's been resting his knee for a month, when we start walking again, it will likely be aggravated by the walking.

But he says that he is willing to walk me, so we will be walking again.  Otherwise, Tonya bought him that reflective jacket for nothing.

Yesterday I ran to the kitchen.  I heard a mouse crawling around.  Tonya put down this trap and we got two of them.  Tonya is embarrassed that we got mice in our house.  But the mice are looking to hide from the cold.  So they find a way to get inside the houses.  It isn't just our house, the people that they work with, have also said that they got mice in their houses too.

The Big Guy can't put any poison down to fix the mice as I may eat it.  I can be dumb like that.

I seen the Big Guy putting out the garbage this morning.  I was looking at him from the window.  I can see the garbage that is across the street.  I wonder what it smells like?  Hopefully they will have another garbage day next week.

So, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:  

Mungo (noun)
[muhng-goh]

My sentence:  The song, "In the Summertime" is a great song from 1970, sung by Mungo Jerry.

Definition:  A low-grade wool from felted rags or waste.

Sentence:  The sweater was awful: it looked like it was knit from mungo.

Today's Video of the Day:  Bernese Mountain Dog Enjoys Snow Storm Snowstorm NH 2/5/2014


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment