Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 18 February 2018

18/Feb/18 dreaming of laying by an open fire


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Tonya seen that I was laying down by the fireplace.  So she decided that I looked so comfortable, it would be time to join me.


So she did.

I personally think that I was "kickin it" when I was the one laying by the fireplace.

There was this TV Series called "Nurse Jackie".  They finished watching all 7 seasons.  Now Tonya is looking for another show that they can watch.

Yesterday the Big Guy cooked a turkey.  Guess who got to enjoy some turkey...  If you guessed ME, you would be correct.  He didn't give me any of the skin.  Neither did he eat the skin himself.  He actually took the skin and threw it outside for the sea gulls to eat.

Those birds are weird too.  The Big Guy can throw something out in the back yard and they appear as if by magic.  I think I will make that today's video of the day.  Or perhaps not.  When I found the video, it isn't uploaded to YouTube.  It was uploaded to Facebook.  I wonder if this link will work?  Click >> HERE << to see if it does.

Right now, the Big Guy is cooking bacon in the oven.  He says that it makes a lot less mess that way.  Which is true, it doesn't splatter the grease everywhere.  I rarely get any bacon.  Only when I bug Tonya.

The Big Guy also does this other weird thing.  It's called seasoning his cast iron skillet.  He will turn the oven on.  Then puts a wee bit of Crisco lard on his skillet.  Then he bakes the skillet for about an hour and a half.  He does this several times.  But he only does this to his cast iron stuff.  

After they were done watching TV, they came into the other room where the computers are.


Tonya played on Facebook and the Big Guy played on his XBox, while I kept an eye on both of them.

Yesterday would have been such a nice day to go for  a walk.  BUT NO.  I still got that wrap on my paw.  Tuesday should be the last day that my paw is wrapped.  I guess we will see what the Vet has to say on Tuesday.

Today's Word of the Day is:

Froward (adjective)
[froh-werd, froh-erd]

My sentence:  The Big Guy threw the ball froward, thinking I would fetch it.

Definition:  (of a person) difficult to deal with.

Sentence:  He has no political affiliations, but was froward in his contrarian beliefs.

Today's Video of the Day is one of my own:  Max our Bernese Mountain Dog and Baby Groot


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment