Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday 3 February 2018

3/Feb/18 keeping my non-furry mommy's chair warm


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

It was strange not going to see the Vet yesterday.  I'm down to 2 dressing changes each week.  Once my paws are all healed up, I will be able to go for walks again.

I'm pretty sure the Big Guy misses taking me for walks.  He doesn't mind missing a day or two, but this has been several weeks now.

Right now, we are going though this Flash Freeze.  It was warm and raining yesterday.  So this meant that there was a lot of water on the ground, when the temperature dropped.  So there is a lot of water that was still running from the melting snow.  So there is a lot of ice on the ground.

With the temp being -10 C, it is too cold for salt to melt the ice.  It would make a barrier that will provide grit so that it will not be as slippery.  But it's going to be dangerous for the next day or so.  That is until Monday, when the temp goes back up to +10.  Then we're back to raining once again.  Apparently a LOT of rain too.  Weird weather for sure.

Tonya had some pizza for breakfast yesterday.  I bugged and bugged until she gave me some.  That's a little trick I like to pull on her.  I've tried that with the Big Guy.  I may as well beg a rock to give me water.  That just isn't happening.  He has given me some stuff, but he doesn't give it to me at the dinning room table.  He tends to drop it in my bowl with my kibble.  He also does it quietly so that I am surprised when I find it.  He can be tricky like that.

Last night, I was super bored.  I wanted my bone.  I wanted my toy.  I wanted to play.  I wanted to run.  Tonya got up and I nipped at her a few times.  That got me yelled at.  I was happy as I finally got some attention.  She chased me for a few feet in the living room.  I tucked my tail and cowered a bit, but then she turned her back on me.  So I ran after her and nipped her again.  Oh that made her scream.

Then I was given some peanut butter that made me kinda relaxed.  There are these pills that the Vet has given Tonya.  The Vet said, I'm to be given these prior to me going to the Vet.  It makes me sorta relaxed.  But when I'm home, I just go to sleep.  They last about 12 hours.  Since I don't really bug the Big Guy like that, he rarely gives me that sleepy peanut butter.  I don't think I would nip the Big Guy.  When he yells at me, I get really scared.  He's someone you don't screw with.

Well, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Transpicuous (adjective)
[tran-spik-yoo-uh s]

My sentence:  If I were suspicious of a stranger and then got to know you, would I be transpicuous of you now?

Definition:  Transparent

Sentence:  She found his weak alibi to be transpicuous.

Video of the day.  Today's video is:
Bernese Mountain Dog preciously befriends 4-week-old puppy


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment