Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday 9 February 2018

9/Feb/18 still not allowed to go for walks


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

I had a really exciting morning yesterday.  I went to the Vet.  I got to meet a small Husky.  She got her fur all up and was sorta excited to see me.  She didn't bark, but you could tell, she wasn't all that happy.

At one point, her lead came off her collar and she was able to run up to me.  

Then, as I was waiting, another dog came in.  This time it was a Pomeranian.  She was scared of me.  She was shaking all over.  They put her on the scale, but she kept looking over at me.  She only weighed 9.3 pounds.  I think my front paw weighs that much.

I got bored and I jumped on the scale.  HORRORS.  I've gained weight.  I'm up to 112 pounds.

The Vet has GOT to allow me to go for walks soon.  I'm ballooning up out of proportion here.  They don't know how long I will have to struggle with my weight to loose this.  GAWD, why does this have to happen to me?  I'm hideous to all the lady dogs out there.  PLEASE let me go for my walks again so that I can be "Sexy Max" instead of "Overweight Max".

Then it was my turn to be brought out back.  Often times, they will get the Big Guy to bring me out back.  Once he hands the leash over, he walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

BUT they have a secret door.  It goes from the back room into an examination room, which has a second door, that goes into the hallway, thereby bypassing the door that the Big Guy just closed.  So as I'm in the back room, and they are taking off the dressing, I got restless and popped my choke collar off my neck.  

The Vet did a mistake and didn't control my head and keep the choke collar tight.

BOOM

Time to exit.  

Stage left.  

I race into the examination room.  When I say I was running flat out, I'm not kidding.  They have tiled floor, but I am determined to leave the back room.  Once I'm in the examination room, I know there's another door that leads to the hallway.  So I'm rocketing down the hallway where I know that Tonya and the Big Guy are waiting for me.

What's this?  There is a Black Lab that is near Tonya.  I got upset and started to protect her.  The Lab didn't like that too much.  The owner thought that their Lab was big.  HA!  I'm BIGGER!

But without a collar on, no one can control me.  I am zipping from one area to the next.  My paws can't really get any purchase on the tile floor, but I'm doing my best to run around the Vet's office.

Finally the Big Guy grabbed on to me.  I wasn't going anywhere now.  He's got his fingers into my fur.  Then controls my face and the choke collar is back on.  So he brings me out back again.  But this time, he stays with me.

No escaping from him.  They did the dressing change.  I was kinda pissed so I sat down and didn't allow the assistant easy access to my paw.  She was determined though and managed to get the dressing changed.

The Big Guy brought me out to the car once we were done.

But after that, we went to Sydney.  Car ride.  YEA!

We went to a new place.  It's called "Vogue".  They said that they all wanted to meet me.  Well, there is about 8 ladies that are all swarming around me.  Hands are coming from everywhere to pat me and to rub my fur.  They are all cooing and fawning over me.  Hey, this is delightful!  Not like the Vet at all.  They are all saying how beautiful I am. 

Hello ladies.  My name is Handsomius.  Maximus Handsomius.  I will have some kibble.  Shaken into my bowl, not stirred.

After Tonya and the Big Guy got their new glasses, we went for another drive.  This was so much fun.

We went to a place that I've been to before.  It's called Global Pet Food.  I got to pick out a new bone.  JOY!  The two staff ladies there, well, they fawned and fussed over me.

Then it was off to North Sydney.  On the highway, I just laid down on the back seat of the car and went to sleep.  I was pooped from all that excitement.

So, time for the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:  

Ingurgitate (verb)
[in-gur-ji-teyt]

My sentence:  With reference to little birds.  Are do they ingurtitate the food that their parents just regurgitated?

Definition:  to swallow something greedily.

Sentence:  She was eager to ingurtitate the candy so that her brother couldn't have any.

Today's Video of the Day is:  Huge Bernese Mountain dog attacks leaf piles


Bye Bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment