Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 11 February 2018

11/Feb/18 wait, you can't go for a drive without me


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

It seems like it's EVERY day when I have to watch either Tonya or the Big Guy go to work.  Why can't they just stay home and be with ME?

Although you can see snow in the picture, today, it's rain.  Well this afternoon, it's going to be freezing rain.  Which is nasty stuff.  Last time we had freezing rain, it took a few days for it to melt off the car.  Although the Big Guy was able to remove the freezing rain off the windows, he had to wait for it to melt off the roof of the car and off the sides.

But normally, during a freezing rain event, it makes the branches heavy on the trees, and it lays across the power lines, which shorts them out.  Then everyone looses power.  Humans rely so much on power.  Why can't they all just install solar panels on their roofs and generate their own power?

The Big Guy has been watching the Olympics.  Did you see all the fun they are having in the snow?  I could be in the Olympics.  I would chase after them.  Uphill, downhill, it wouldn't matter to me.  I would just be having fun in the snow.  With all those people there, think of all the pats and belly rubs I would get.  It would be GLORIOUS!

Yesterday the Big Guy went to the basement without me.  I so wanted to go to the basement again.  There is just so much stuff to sniff down there.  He was down there for a long time too.  He eventually came back upstairs.  I had to sniff him.  He smelled like wine.  He said it's because he is making wine in the basement.

Then, we had a visitor.  Someone from Statistics Canada came for a visit.  The Big Guy was part of a survey that he did about 15 years ago, when he was living in Winnipeg.  This was the follow up survey.  But the guy didn't really want to play with me all that much.  I tried to get his attention a few times, but he was all business.  How boring is that.

Then Tonya came home and my world was complete again.  Of course I bugged her quite a bit and she gave me some of her roast beef.

On to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Liripipe (noun)
[lir-ee-pahyp]

My sentence:  The wee little faerie played the liripipe to entertain the forest animals.

Definition:  The long dangling tail of a medieval academic hood.

Sentence:  The dean placed a liripipe on the left shoulder of the students graduating from their respective programs.

Video of the Day:  Bernese Mountain Dogs "Run! Run! Run!"


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment