Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday 16 July 2022

16/Jul/22 going to have some chicken stew

 


Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

The Big Guy cooked up a chicken.

He didn't share any of the cut up chicken.

The Big Guy then boiled up the chicken bones, saved the liquid, cooled off the bones and threw them off the deck for the sea gulls.

I never get chicken bones.

The Big Guy thought he had potatoes in the house.  Nope.  So he made rice.  

I thought for sure, I will get some rice as I always get some rice.

Nope, that went right into the chicken stew.

Wasn't he surprised when he opened the lid on the cast iron dutch oven and seen that the rice had soaked up all the gravy.

He tasted it and liked what he was having.

Tonya tried some, she liked it too.

The grand kids had some and they liked it.

It was a hit with everyone.

Why wasn't I getting any?

I had to wait for the grandchildren to leave.

I got the portion that they didn't eat.

I would agree, it was VERY tasty.

I emptied the kibble in my food dish so that I could find every grain of the rice that was put in my dish.

I wonder, if the Big Guy made more gravy, would that also be sucked up by the rice?

Guess we will never know.

Your blast from the past



Your daily video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog pictures from October 2016




Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment