Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 29 October 2020

29/Oct/20 she got the Caesar, and I got the celery


 

Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Pretty much anything that Tonya eats, I want to have it to.

Mother bears do that for their cubs.  Anything that mommy bear eats, the cub will come along and investigate.

Turns out, I don't mind the crunch of celery, but I don't want to swallow it.  Tonya had to pick up the chewed up celery and throw it out.

************

Soon enough, it's going to be Halloween.  This is where the kids will dress up and go from door to door and people will give them candy, chips and other snacks.

When the Big Guy was in the Navy, they were in Denmark and they were all dressed up for Halloween.  Some folks from the other countries were on board to see what they were doing.  They don't dress up like the folks from Canada or USA.

For two years, when the Big Guy was just a little guy, they had lived in Longueil.  That's a southern suburb of Montreal.

In "English" Canada, you knock on the door and pretty much yell, "Trick or Treat!"

But in Quebec, they would knock on the door and yell, "Halloween!"

Normally during this night, I pretty much loose my mind.  All those people coming to the door.  Oh lordy, I have to raise the alarm (bark my head off) and run from window to window.  It takes a lot out of me.

Then, for only reasons that people from Cape Breton can understand, they set off fireworks.  This normally will happen around 9, after the kids have gone home.  This will last about 2 hours.

The Big Guy doesn't have PTSD or anything like that.  But for those veterans that do, they go through hell when those fireworks are being set off.

Your Blast From the Past



Your Daily Video - 

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog and his Big Red Ball




Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment