Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 16 May 2019

16/May/19 sleeping with my paws off the cold floor


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

If you could smell the house.  I'm sure you would love it.  Well, MOST people would love it.  If your a vegetarian or someone that doesn't eat pork, or specifically, bacon, you wouldn't like the smell.

Tonya had purchased this package of thick cut bacon at Superstore.

Now, the Big Guy, he likes bacon.

He doesn't cook it on the stove top, or on a flat grill.  Nope.  He cooks it in the oven.

He gets a cookie sheet, and puts parchment paper on it.  Then he spreads out the bacon.

He puts the cookie sheet in the oven.  THAT is when he turns on the oven.  Not before.  He will turn the oven on to 400 F.  Then, because it's thick cut bacon, he puts the timer on for 27 minutes.  If it's thin bacon, then the timer is on for 22 minutes.  He has done this so many times, he just knows how to set the timer.

Then he goes away for a bit.  Obviously not too far, as he needs to hear the timer for the oven.

Once the timer goes off, he takes the bacon out of the oven.  No more splatter when cooking the bacon.

He transfers the bacon to a paper towel lines plate, to get rid of some of the grease and voila.  Perfectly done bacon.

Of course, I get to sniff the bacon.  Lord knows, if I get any, I get what's called "The Green Apple" splatters.  Not a pretty sight.  Impossible to pick up when I'm out for my walk.

Sorry, I hope you weren't eating during that last bit.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog picnic table part 1


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment