Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday 24 February 2018

24/Feb/18 me and Tonya on the couch together


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Can you see in this picture that there is something missing?  I've been released from the bandages.  I am mostly healed up.  There is a little bit of healing that has to be done, but I can go for walks now.

The Vet said, not in the woods and not on snow banks.  On sidewalks for now.  Soon enough, I will be able to go to the Dog Park again.

Yesterday was Tonya's day off.  She cleaned the house.  I tried to help by following her around.  She said that she could have built two dogs from all the fur that I've been leaving around the house.

The Big Guy got his Saturn V Lego rocket.  So guess what he will be doing for the next few days.  Not playing with me, that's for sure.  He was building on it yesterday.  He is building it at the dining room table and he uses the natural light coming though the dining room windows to help build the rocket.  He says, otherwise, the room is a bit dark.  The chandler above the table is meant for ambiance, not so much harsh lighting.

Yesterday, after we got home from the Vet, we went for a medium walk.  We went down to Cogans and ordered some home heating oil.  They have a smaller dog there.  We didn't bark at each other.  I wanted to play, but the Big Guy wouldn't let my leash go.

Then, walking home, we came across another dog.  Her owner thought she had a big dog.  That was until she seen me.  She is no longer under the illusion that she has a big dog.  Her dog was big, just not as big as me.  (That's what SHE said)

So while the Big Guy is building his rocket, he is taking pictures of it as he is putting it together.  Then he is going to share the pictures with everyone.  Then he has to find a place to display the rocket.

Well, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Ambuscade (noun)
[am-buh-skeyd]

My sentence:  Tonya's brother, Craig, was afraid of their other dog.  Since Sebastian knew that Craig would give him all the treats in the bucket to keep him happy, he would ambuscade him into the kitchen where the treat bucket was.

Definition:  An ambush.

Sentence:  The soldiers planned an ambuscade to surprise the enemy.

Today's Video of the Day:  Bernese Mountain Dog and German Shepherd playing in the snow


Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment