Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 29 July 2019

29/Jul/19 it's too hot to chew on those shoes


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

A lot of people are complaining about the heat.  Which is fine as it is hot for this part of the country.  But put a fur coat on first.  Then see how you feel about the heat.

Then, there is the mosquitoes.  You go outside and they are hungry.

The Big Guy was looking up this item.  It's like a vacuum, but it attracts mosquitoes.  Now, when he was looking at the reviews on Canadian Tire, it would seem that it works pretty good.  But when he was looking at the same product on Amazon, people hated the product.  They said it didn't work.

Perhaps we have different mosquitoes in Canada than what they got in the United States.

The Big Guy was looking at something that he had cooked in the past.  Now he's thinking about making it again.  It is a hearty beef stew with tea biscuits.  Now, the biscuits I can have.  But the beef stew... nope, it's got onions in it.

Always with the onions.

BUT, there is a saving grace in this.  When he makes the beef stew, he cuts the fat off the steak.  He also cooks it in the cast iron pot to render the taste out of the fat, which he uses for his beef stew.  Then, when he's done with the fat, he cools it off and gives it to me in my food dish.

Because he does this quietly, I never know when it's going to appear in my food dish.  It's not like he announces it, like what Tonya does.  She makes quite the production of giving me something that I would normally not get, and puts it in my food dish.

I'm not sure which I prefer.  Quietly finding this item, or fan fare at the food dish.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video - Max our Bernese Mountain Dog enjoying the pool and the deck


Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment