Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday 10 October 2018

10/Oct/18 it's a bird, it's a plane, it's super Max


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Tonya made this new dish, and were not sure what to call it.  It's got cut up cabbage.  Fried hamburger.  Onions, cheese, and tomatoe sauce.  So should it be called a "Cabbage Goulash", or "Poor Man's Cabbage Roll".  Who ever made this calls it "Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole".  But if you ask me, it's too wordy.

The Big Guy says it's a repeater recipe.  Which means that Tonya did a really good job.

If the Big Guy would have said, "Oh my, you don't have to make that again".  This is their code word for "that was disgusting and I hated what you made".

No one gets upset when you say that you don't have to make it again.  It doesn't sound as harsh.

But when you say that you can make it again, your giving it a "thumbs up" and letting the person know, WOW, that was really good!

We had someone visiting us and we had made lasagna.  That was back in the days before I came to live with Tonya and the Big Guy.  The guy had asked Tonya, since I had made the lasagna, what would happen if I did a bad job on making the lasagna, how would you tell the Big Guy that the lasagna was "bad".  She said, "Oh I would tell him, he wouldn't have to make that again for me".  He was surprised and said to me, "You wouldn't get upset by this?".  Obviously the Big Guy would be surprised if his lasagna turned out bad.  But the analogy would be for a new dish that they were trying to make.

There has been a few things that have been made over the years.  Not all of it was good.  Like the time that the Big Guy put a whole turkey in the smoker.  He seen the recipe and thought, hmmm...  I bet this would be good.  He was told, he didn't have to make a turkey in the smoker again.  Which he hasn't as even he agreed.  Turkey in the smoker was NOT a good mix.

This guest had said, if ever he would say this to his wife, she would be very upset.  Although he had never though about the code words, you don't have to make this again.  He said that his wife would be very upset if she would try to make a new recipe and it didn't turn out, or just plain tasted bad.  He said that he would be expected to say that it was wonderful, no matter what.

With me, I just love anything that my humans make.  Nothing they make is disgusting.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog dreaming about flying



Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment