Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday 14 February 2021

14/Feb/21 I'm looking outside for my Valentine


 

Good morning world.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home, in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

I've got a story that the Big Guy told me.  It happened a long time ago.  Back when the Big Guy was a Little Guy and they lived in Montreal.

They used to travel, from Montreal, to their cottage, which was located in Notre Dame, on the Cocagne River in New Brunswick.  It used to be a long trip as there wasn't much of a divided highway back then.

They used to leave and then drive through the night.

Back then, kids didn't wear seat belts.  Plus, it wasn't unusual to smoke in the car, even though there was kids in the car.

Smoking, plus being in the car, most kids got sick.  Now, the parents wouldn't admit that it was the smoking.  They would say that the kids got motion sickness.

For that reason, we had an empty ice cream bucket in the back of the car.

Mum would have been driving and the sun was well above the horizon.  Dad was having a smoke.

That's when Marc got sick.  In the bucket.  Since Dad was the passenger, he turned around to help Marc.  

Then, Marcel got sick.

Mum couldn't pull over cause she was on a bridge.

OK, the next bit is going to be gross, so be warned.

I threw up a bit in my mouth.  But both Marc and Marcel were using the ice cream bucket.  

So I swallowed it.

Ack!

I just realized, I swallowed puke.

YACK!

I regurgitated all over my father's arm.

The look of shock on my father's face.

Mum was off the bridge and was pulling to the side of the highway.

All three of us are crying.  Marc and Marcel cause they got sick.  But myself for barfing all over my father.  

Boy was he mad.

Once the car was stopped and turned off, Dad got out of the car and went for a walk, up and down the highway.  He was having another smoke.

Mum got us all cleaned up.  Dad was still pacing the highway, having another smoke.  Cursing up a storm.

After Mum got us settled, she went and spoke with Dad.

Mum got in the passenger seat and Dad took over the driving.  He didn't say much for the rest of that trip.

Oh, those were the days...

Your Blast From the Past



Your Daily Video - 

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog has expressive eyebrows




Bye bye fur now

1 comment:

  1. Boy oyu have a vivid imagination I sure don't ever remember me drivng home maybe once we were settle in the motel and wanted to go pick up some food . I never ever thought it was the smoke or dad wouldn't od smoke in the car . I would of made him do a pit stop . Sorry for that . Poor puss Love ya moreeeeeeeeee xoxox You were even sick if dad wasn't in the car by the way

    ReplyDelete