Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 8 November 2018

8/Nov/18 there are leaves blowing around, I've got to see them


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

In the last month, well, more like the last 2 weeks, the trees have been dropping their leaves.  Last weekend, the Big Guy got out his lawn tractor and mowed over a lot of the leaves.  Honestly, he could do that again and again and still not get them all.

Last night, when we were out walking, there was one place that must have had about 20 garbage bags that were put to the curb.  The Big Guy is pretty sure that it's just all filled with leaves.  Now if the wind were to come up...  I'm sure that none of the garbage bags would be there as bags of leaves are somewhat light.

The Big Guy has tried to put leaves to the curb in the past.  That didn't always work out so well as the city refused to pick them up.  So he would put the bags of leaves in one place and then, each week, fill up the green bin and put that to the curb.  Each week, the city would take that.

In the past, the "man" of the house, would rake the leaves into a pile and then burn them.  I'm sure that cause a lot of fires back in the day.

Now, having out door fires is no longer a "thing".  Like it used to be in the past.

Yesterday I had told everyone that the Big Guy was making a chicken stew.  Well, I can't tell you if it was any good.  Of course he put onions in it.  I can't have onions.  They make my paws itchy.  This is right from Google.  Onions are really bad for doggies:

Onions contain an ingredient called thiosulphate which istoxic to cats and dogs. The ingestion of onions causes a condition called hemolytic anemia, which is characterized by damage to the red blood cells. Onion toxicity can cause the red blood cells circulating through your pet's body to burst.

So, no matter how much I beg Tonya, she really has to be cautious of what she is feeding me.  I love table scraps.  I love them so much, some times I just bug and bug and bug Tonya till she will actually give up what she is eating and she will give it to me.

Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog forgets his indoor voice



Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment