Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 29 November 2018

29/Nov/18 always catching me when I am yawning


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

When the BIg Guy got up this morning he was making coffee.  As he was looking outside, the entire sky flashed.  Then he could hear the thunder.  So yes, you can get a thunderstorm when it's snowing out.

There was a post that the Big Guy had done on facebook a few years back.  I thought I would take the time to share that post:

Originally posted 24th of October 2009


Some of you know, but a lot of you don't know... I am the cook and baker in the house. 

I did up a cherry cheese cake to surprise Tonya last week... Tonya was surprised alright... 
About 2 or maybe 2 1/2 years ago, (yes, I said years) we were grocery shopping and I seen this box on the store shelf to make cheesecake, and it is no bake. OK, easy peasy, right? Well each time I would get around to making it, I would always put it off.

I had received an email from Tonya via her BlackBerry that her customers were not very happy this day and that her day was kinda crappy. So I thought that I would have a nice surprise for her when she got home. I was looking around the cupboards to find some "comfort food" and I spotted the cheesecake box. This time, I was determined to make it. So Tonya was at work and I started to make this cheesecake. Now I wanted to make it a cherry cheesecake.

Any good cook will try to substitute one thing for another in "hopes" that it will add to the recipe.

I wanted to make a CHERRY cheesecake as Tonya said it was her favorite.

But I didn't have any cherry pie filling at home. But I did have a bottle of maraschino cherries at home. The bottle claimed that it was in a thick sauce. Bull shit. It wasn't. Friggin dollar store piece of crap.

OK, but I digress... back to the story...

Now when I opened the bags, yes, the box actually had little bags inside... bags of stuff to put in the mixing bowl. A wee bit of butter, a wee bit of milk. But as I was mixing I thought that it smelled a bit "off".

I don't usually worry about expiry dates. Expiry dates are a marketing item only to get you to clean out your cupboards, throw stuff out and get new stuff.

I emailed Tonya to let her know that she would be having cherry cheesecake for dessert when she got home. She was all excited. She came home and plowed thru supper, just itching to get at the cherry cheesecake.

Now, remember the maraschino cherries? This is step one to "The Cheesecake" incident.

When she put the pieces on the plate, oh, did I say "piece" of cherry cheesecake... no... this was like covering an entire side plate, the piece was that big. It must have been 6 inches by 6 inches. She REALLY wanted to have some cherry cheesecake. Again, I am off somewhere else, aren't I...

She thought that the cherry cheese cake had a bit of a weird smell, but didn't give it a lot of thought as she just thought perhaps one of the ingredients gave it this unique smell, or odor as it were. She cut us each a significant portion. Then we started to eat it.

Well...

It didn't taste right...

It was awful...

It was putrid...

The stuff in the package had absorbed all the taste of the spices and such over the last 2 and a 1/2 years that this box sat in the cupboard...

But Tonya didn't want to hurt my feelings and kept trying to eat it...

I didn't want to show Tonya that I fucked up, so I kept eating it...

We were both about gagging, and we kept eating it...

Tonya finally couldn't stand it and said that she couldn't finish. I agreed rather quickly. Tonya was actually trying to scrape her tongue off with her fork to get the taste out of her mouth.

We threw the entire pan of cherry cheesecake into the green bin outside.

Normally we have animals that will jump into the green bin to eat stuff that is in there. They have stayed away from our green bin for some reason. I guess they don't like putrid cherry cheese cake. Fussy fuckers, aren't they?

So... on Saturday, I was looking up recipes. I found a cherry cheesecake recipe. So I printed it off and then went to Sobey's to get the ingredients. Sunday morning at 5:00 am, I am up making a new cherry cheesecake. Tonya could hear the mixer and knew that I was making something. She knew that I bought stuff for cherry cheesecake and was hoping that this is what I was doing. She was right of course.

Well, look, this cherry cheesecake was the best she had ever eaten. If your a diabetic, stay away from this cherry cheesecake. It will friggin kill you!

Let me know if you want the recipe. It's no bake too...
This is my 3rd Cherry Cheese Cake that we made for our Octoberfest party
This is my 3rd Cherry Cheesecake that we made for our Oktoberfest partyPeople seen the tower of Cherry Cheese Cake and didn't want to eat any of it, because it just looked too nice
People seen the tower of Cherry Cheesecake and didn't want to eat any of it, because it just looked too niceOnce we started, my one nephew had about 7 or 8 pieces.  He said that it was the best Cherry Cheese Cake he ever had in his life.
Once we started, my one nephew had about 7 or 8 pieces. He said that it was the best Cherry Cheesecake he ever had in his life.
Here endeth the lesson.
Your Blast From the Past


Your Daily Video

Max our Bernese Mountain Dog having his apple



Bye bye fur now

No comments:

Post a Comment