Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday 22 January 2018

22/Jan/18 I'm resting here


Good morning Cape Breton.

Maximus Handsomius here from my forever home.

Every time I think that I'm just being good, out comes that damn camera and the Big Guy flashes it right in my eyes.  

I was just laying on the love seat, minding my own business.  I could hear him tip toe across the hall to get his camera.  The first picture he tried to take, the flash didn't go off.

But then, like Wayne's World, EXTREME CLOSE UP!

The Big Guy tried to make some strawberry wine.  It's been brewing for about 5 months now.  They put some of the wine into jugs.  The Big Guy said that the wine tastes "flat".  Obviously it wasn't one of his better batches.  That isn't to say that he will never make wine from scratch again, only next time, it will be different.  He will get new chemicals that he needs.  The stuff that he did have, was from when he lived in Winnipeg.  So it may not have been as effective as it should have been.

I go to the Vet today for another check up.  They will be giving me another dressing change.

Yesterday the Big Guy was looking at my paw, and he can't figure out if the wound is still weeping, or if I manged to lick the bandage.  Tonya is always taking the cone off my head.  Then, when I think they are not looking, I will sneak in a few licks.  Then the cone goes back on my head again.

My non-furry brother, Marcel, he has found some of his bio family.  He was adopted, just like me.  He grew up with the Big Guy and his family when he was just a little boy.  So now he knows that he has some family that lives in Ontario.

The Big Guy got a dehydrator for Christmas this year.  The first thing he made was dried up onions.  It is supposed to replace chips.  But for the time and effort, he doesn't think he is going to do this that often.  It took 18 hour.  He used 3 onions.  If it was all weighed out, I think he's left with a couple grams of dried up onions.  But hey, if it keeps him happy, it didn't hurt to try.

Well, on to the Word of the Day.  Today's word is:

Exanguine (adjective)
[eks-sang-gwin]

Definition:  bloodless or anaemic

Sentence:  She was exhausted, he body exsanguine.

My sentence:  If you are correct and boasting at the same time, is this an exanguine?

Bye bye fur now.

No comments:

Post a Comment